About the Workshop
The H. E. Butt Foundation, San Antonio Area Foundation, and their national partners at the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation have put together a day-long storytelling intensive to help nonprofit organizations learn more about shifting the narrative around inequity among vulnerable families and children in our city.
You were selected as a participant organization because we believe you have the readiness. We are committed to helping you advance factual narratives, dispel myths, and replace inaccurate information with contextualized and data-based storytelling.
To that end, we are providing a free workshop at the San Antonio Area Foundation where two national experts in storytelling, branding, and narrative change will conduct hands-on training in a small group setting.
The Los Angeles based firm Rally will be taking us through the fundamentals of Narrative Change:
- What is narrative change?
- Why is narrative change important? How does it lead to behavior change?
- How do you create narrative change (macro, issue space level)?; taught via case studies
- How do you do narrative change at a micro (organizational) level? – informed by survey results, incorporating best practice worksheets
The Philadelphia based firm The Gravity Field will explore:
The Art of Flogic
How to get creative with activism and create change through unconventional ideas. You’ll be able to undo assumptions about problems.
- Create inventive narratives.
- Create a right mix of talent for your organization.
- Discover your ‘thinking’ archetype.
The Story Code
Discovering your story and giving it a voice in our modern, connected age. The Story Code is an interactive process to help get you started on that journey of discovery.
- You’ll map your organization’s DNA.
- Have a Point-of-View that makes believers.
- Know how you fit in culture.
Please use the form below to register yourself and up to two additional people.